Saturday 5 January 2013

Life lessons from my dogs


By Nila Sweeney

It's amazing what you learn from dogs. No matter what you did or didn't do in the past, they still love you... Even if they don't see you for months, they won't hold grudge...Even if you withhold your love (as we humans do) and keep them outside, they are as excited to see you when you step out of the house.


How I wish I could be just like my dogs - no judgement and free to express their love. How great would it be if every encounter I have with others comes from nothing but pure, unadulterated love!

But how can I do this if I'm too busy judging, manipulating, defending or resisting? No wonder, my interactions with others are often less than fulfilling.

Our minds truly rule our lives. We can make people flourish or perish in our thoughts alone. Whatever or however we think of others, they instantly become that.

The sad thing is, we do it to ourselves as well. We are using our mind, the most powerful weapon we have, to either obliterate us or propel us to unknown heights. No other species do that.

Perhaps living a dog's life every once in a while would help us see ourselves and others on a different light.

No comments:

Post a Comment